Vacancy ‐ BI Consulting Engineer
Crimson Macaw are seeking experienced data professionals to support an exciting and growing number of data projects in the cloud.
As an experienced data professional, you’ll be seeking an opportunity to grow your career at a consultancy that puts customer solutions first. Here at Crimson Macaw we can give you the experience of working in a fast-growing agency specialising in cloud, data and business intelligence. As we are ambitious and growing, your knowledge, experience and development are important to us and we will support every step of your career.
You will help Crimson Macaw deliver powerful data solutions for customers using tools like dbt or Matillion for data transformation, Tableau, QuickSight & Looker for reporting, and Snowflake for data warehousing as well as other cloud-based tools. You will also increase your knowledge about cloud ecosystems as we deploy our solutions in conjunction with other cloud infrastructure. You will be encouraged and supported in becoming certified in each technology were appropriate.
Being part of a consultancy, you will need to work closely with customer stakeholders so we can understand how we can help drive success, through best in class data solutions shaped by our collective experiences.
In summary, if you are driven with a desire to lead data solutions built using best of breed technology and you have a customer first attitude, then we’d be happy to take your career to the next level.
All necessary training will be provided.
- Experience in data transformation
- Python or similar languages for data processing
- Strong SQL and experience with databases
- Experience working in cloud environments, preferably also with cloud data warehouse solutions
- Linux, Bash/ZSH & Git
- Able to work within a team and when necessary, independently
- Can gather, document and translate requirements into design
- Be highly numerate
- Good English skills (both written and verbal)
- Data Modelling skills; Dimensional Modelling or DV2
- Reporting Tools such as Tableau, Looker, QuickSight, OBIEE, Business Objects etc
- Familiar with CI/CD concepts and comfortable working within agile delivery frameworks
Competitive (based on qualifications/experience)
- Performance based bonus.
- Excellent Company pension.
- Various benefits including: car allowance, private medical, monthly education allowance and gym membership.
- Training and Certification costs.
- We have flexible working arrangements, so you can mix your time between home and the office.
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV should contain your working experience and skills etc. Your covering letter should express why you are interested in this field and any useful information that you think we will find relevant; this could be applications you have built, presentations at meetups, or anything else that shows your enthusiasm or work.